Monday 30 January 2012

Be proud of Proud Mary

Proud Mary

172 Oxford Street 
Collingwood VIC 3066
(03)9417 5930




Coffee is absolutely prerequisite to a productive day of mine. Apart from 'caffeinating' myself, I am also after an exquisite quality of coffee. As a 'coffeehead', I believe coffee should be appreciated the way wine was. 


Stepping into 2012, one of my plans is to try as many cafes as I could and thus refine my palate. Proud Mary is renowned as one of the top cafes in Melbourne. I sincerely concur.




Walked in at 3pm after the first ever drive into Collingwood. Being directed to the communal table, first thing caught my attention was the amusing packaged coffee beans. The design was so chic that you couldn't think of what it actually is.






As usual, a 'Magic' please. Drooling over the blackboard behind the bar, first round for me was 'Kenya Karatina AA'. It was suggested that vibrant citrus notes and lush body will be addressed. Um (taking the first sip)...It was obviously piquant and softly astringent. Also there was a tad of earthy aroma permeated through. 



Magic of single estate ($3.5)

One coffee doesn't suffice. Second round was Costarica' La Candelilla'. This is utterly different. It was mellow and suggesting nutty notes. Truly delicate.


Magic of single estate ($3.5)


I wonder what the cup reading is if I got this looked into by tasseology. The lovely heart on the bottom right resonates how enamoured of coffee I am. lol

With the diversity of coffee beans and making processes, I believe 'Proud Mary' retains the quintessence of cafes in Melbourne outright.



No comments:

Post a Comment